Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by JCP <Je...@go.com.mt> on 2007/08/10 15:53:07 UTC

[Tomahawk Sandbox] InputSuggestAjax problem

Hi,

I'm trying to use the sandbox inputsuggestajax to achieve the following
behaviour. I want the list of suggestions to display something but upon
selection something different is entered into the textfield (for example,
the suggestions might show full city names but then only an abbreviation is
entered in the textfield).

I managed to achieve this behaviour very well using the final 1.1.6 snapshot
jar. The only problem is that the browser (I only tested using Firefox)
tends to pop up its own auto-suggest box on the textfield. This means that I
end up with two dropdown lists -- the jsf one and the browser one, which is
very unsightly.

In an attempt to fix the problem I took the nightly snapshot (1.1.7) a
couple of days ago. This solved the browser auto-suggest issue (the browser
dropdown no longer showed up) but somewhat broke the behaviour of the
control so it was no longer behaving as I wished. I tried to recode around
the new behaviour but couldn't make it do what I required (I couldn't make
the text entered in the textfield to be different from that in the
dropdown). Today I tried the very latest snapshot and now its even worse --
no dropdown shows at all!

Is there some way to prevent the browser auto-suggest from showing in the
1.1.6 version? Or does anyone know what changes are being done in the 1.1.7
version that result in such changes in behaviour?

Note that at the moment I am using the Sun RI as an attempt to solve the
problem. However I believe the problem exists using myfaces too.

Thanks

Jean

Re: [Tomahawk Sandbox] InputSuggestAjax problem

Posted by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it>.
I'm interested too in removing Firefox auto-suggest.
Although not JSF or Tomahawk specific - it's very annoying while
managing alternate dropdowns.

-- Renzo