Posted to users@camel.apache.org by 8forty <8f...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/13 00:14:13 UTC

does hazelcast component support stand-alone HC server?

It appears that it creates a local HC server on-the-fly, but I'd like to have
it use my remote HC server.  Is that possible?

Re: does hazelcast component support stand-alone HC server?

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.
I have done like this :
Consult the hz documentation to setup your client config.

<hz:client id="client">
	<hz:group password="mypw" name="myname"/>
        <hz:network>
            <hz:member>localhost:5701</hz:member>
            <hz:member>localhost:5702</hz:member>
        </hz:network>
    </hz:client>

    <hz:map id="schedule" name="schedule" instance-ref="client"/>

   <bean id="hazelcast"
class="org.apache.camel.component.hazelcast.HazelcastComponent">
    	<property name="hazelcastInstance" ref="client"/>
   </bean>

and then in the route you can do

<to uri="hazelcast:map:schedule" />

Best,
Preben

Re: does hazelcast component support stand-alone HC server?

Posted by Borut BolĨina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Is there any documentation on how to configure the camel-hazelcast component to act as hazelcast client?

Best,
Borut

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Claus Straube <cl...@catify.com>.
You can use the standard hazelcast XML configuration. There is no Camel
specific magic. See http://www.hazelcast.com/ for a very detailed
documentation.

Best regards - Claus

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.