Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tim Clotworthy <tc...@bka-inc.com> on 2003/07/23 21:44:17 UTC

LookupDispatchAction problem

I am getting the following exception:

SupportOrgDispatchAction] does not contain handler parameter named
method

For this actionmapping:

<action path="/SupportOrgDispatchAction"

type="com.hotapp.fes.presentation.support.action.FESSupportOrgDispatchAc
tion"
   name="SupportOrgForm" parameter="method">
    <forward name="NextPage" path="/fes/jsp/FESSupportOrgTable.jsp"/>
</action>

against these tags in my jsp:

<bean:message key="button.selectOrgs">

This is my first crack at subclassing the LookupDispatchAction. Any
ideas as to what I am doing wrong are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: LookupDispatchAction problem

Posted by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net>.
On Wed, Jul 23,'03 (03:44 PM GMT-0400), Tim wrote:

> I am getting the following exception:
>
> SupportOrgDispatchAction] does not contain handler parameter named
> method
>
> For this actionmapping:
>
> <action path="/SupportOrgDispatchAction"
>
> type="com.hotapp.fes.presentation.support.action.FESSupportOrgDispatc
> hAc tion"
>    name="SupportOrgForm" parameter="method">
>     <forward name="NextPage" path="/fes/jsp/FESSupportOrgTable.jsp"/>
> </action>
>
> against these tags in my jsp:

> <bean:message key="button.selectOrgs">
>
> This is my first crack at subclassing the LookupDispatchAction. Any
> ideas as to what I am doing wrong are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you sure you are passing in the form variable called "method" ?
Make sure on the form that submits you have at the least a hidden
variable called "method" ie..

and then of course make sure the associated form has get/sets for
"method"

(side note: I like to use the parameter name "dispatch" instead of
method, although on my little tutorials I used the parameter
"methodToCall" thinking that would help give the idea of what's going
on, but that was probably more confusing).

--
Rick