Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ni...@beaumont.ie on 2002/08/12 17:35:56 UTC

Newbie to JMeter getting java.net.UnknownHostException: Plz help

Hello all,
I hope you can help m, I am a very new user to JMeter, and am following the
user manual to build a web test plan. I am using the server examplee of
jakarta.apache.ork and our own home site here, I am getting the same
exception errors for both wwhich include

Sampling url: http://beaumont.ie/
java.net.UnknownHostException: beaumont.ie
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.ja
va:440)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.ja
va:164)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:138)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am using JDK 1.3_01 and have JRE v 1.13_01, I have not included JMeter
into the classpath.....
Any tips or hints would be much appreciated.....

Thanks in advance,
Niambh

The opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in the above
message, or contained within attachments to the above message, are not
given or endorsed by Beaumont Hospital unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.

This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses.