Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mukund <mu...@tessna.com> on 2003/08/12 00:48:32 UTC

CHANGES draft for 0.27.0

Hi

Please find a draft copy of the CHANGES file for 0.27.0 attached.
This contains changes till r6695. I don't know how much of r6696
is reverted in r6697.

Mukund

Re: CHANGES draft for 0.27.0

Posted by mark benedetto king <mb...@lowlatency.com>.

> Please find a draft copy of the CHANGES file for 0.27.0 attached.
> This contains changes till r6695. I don't know how much of r6696
> is reverted in r6697.

Only the implementation, not the intent. :-)

* fixed - occasional crashes of svnserve on pre-commit hook failure
          (r6697, #1465)

--ben

Re: CHANGES draft for 0.27.0

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Mukund <mu...@tessna.com> writes:
> Please find a draft copy of the CHANGES file for 0.27.0 attached.
> This contains changes till r6695. I don't know how much of r6696
> is reverted in r6697.

Thanks so much, Mukund!  (Poor guy got roped into this by me on IRC
earlier today :-) ).

I think Paul Lussier said something about being vacation, so I'm just
going to make the 0.27 release tomorrow.  Mukund's CHANGES draft is
for that.  I'll take a look at it then.

-K

Re: CHANGES draft for 0.27.0

Posted by Scott Lamb <sl...@slamb.org>.
Mukund wrote:
>   * changed - revert the portion of r6636 that caused caching headers to be
>               sent (r6669, re-opened issue #971)

>   * fixed - factorize some timestamp-retrieval code in mod_dav_svn; send Last-Modified,
>             Expires, and Cache-Control headers for versioned resources. (r6633, r6636, #971)

Seems like these should just become a developer-visible change:

* fixed - factorize some timestamp-retrieval code in mod_dav_svn (r6633,
r6636, r6669)

since the headers were reverted. (No net user-visible change since the
last release.)

At any rate, thanks for all the hard work.

Scott

Re: CHANGES draft for 0.27.0

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Mukund <mu...@tessna.com> writes:
> Please find a draft copy of the CHANGES file for 0.27.0 attached.
> This contains changes till r6695. I don't know how much of r6696
> is reverted in r6697.

Thanks, Mukund.  I'm going over it now.  Two quick comments:

   1) You don't need to send the whole CHANGES file, we just needed
      the new 0.27 bits :-).

   2) CHANGES lines should always be less than 80 chars, and as terse
      as possible (i.e., we try to avoid multiline entries).  The rest
      of the file provides an example of this.

Okay, watch for the commit...

-Karl