Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2003/11/12 23:31:34 UTC

Re: "DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery" after using cvs2svn.py

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 14:35, Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I used the cvs2svn.py script to convert a relatively small repository
> (the script detected 165 revisions). The script itself did not bring up
> any errors.
>
> But then, accessing my repository via web browser or svn client gets me
> the following error:
>
> Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> /var/lib/svn/xxx/db: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
>
> a) Why is this error happening?

The error is probably happening due to permissions problems.  See the
"repository permissions" section in chapter 5 of the book.

Re: "DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery" after using cvs2svn.py

Posted by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>>Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
>>/var/lib/svn/xxx/db: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
>>
>>a) Why is this error happening?
>
> The error is probably happening due to permissions problems.  See the
> "repository permissions" section in chapter 5 of the book.

This hint solved my problem. I was running the cvs2svn script with user
root, leaving some files owned by root behind.

Thanks!

Regards,

Andreas