Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Seidl <sm...@worldnet.att.net> on 2002/04/15 06:32:43 UTC

Httpd 2.0.35 & SSL

Hello,

I have just downloaded, configured, and installed Apache 2.0.35.  The server
works just fine for normal httpd request, but I had problems creating my
test Certificate for enable to SSL part of the server.  When I tried to type
make certificate, the output would say that there is no rule for that and
would not make anything.  Does anyone have any idea on what I've done wrong,
or what to do to test the SSL portion.

I'm running a Red Hat 7.2 Box, that only has minimal applications installed
of the CD.  Most other have been add after downloading newer source code.

Thanks for the help.
Scott Seidl

Scott Seidl
Secretary of the Isaar Trail Riders Snowmobile Club
Seymour, Wisconsin
Email: secretary@isaartrailriders.com
Web Address: www.isaartrailriders.com

Re: Httpd 2.0.35 & SSL

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
You can use DirectoryMatch or LocationMatch
and then have a

Order Allow, Deny
Deny all

inside it

Re: Httpd 2.0.35 & SSL

Re: Httpd 2.0.35 & SSL

Posted by "F. J. Pedro" <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Scott Seidl,

If you want apache with ssl, you well need install ssl
support for you apache.

I.E. for apache_1.3.22.tar.gz you need
apache_1.3.22+ssl_1.44.tar.gz.

Then, if you have apache-2.0.x.tar.gz you should have
apache-2.0.x+ssl_x.tar.gz.

See http://www.apache-ssl.org/

Current release: apache_1.3.22+ssl_1.47
Release date: March 4, 2002