Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/06/10 20:15:03 UTC

Fortress booter/startup scripts

Hi,

Does anyone have any startup code for a fortress based app? I don't know
the differences between the containers so I thought I would start with
fortress so if there is any starter classes/scripts lying about could
someone point me in the right direction. I'm not picky about the setup
of the directories, I just wanted to see a semi-standard way of booting
up the container.

Would cocoon be a good place to look at this?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Fortress booter/startup scripts

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Monday 10 June 2002 02:15 pm, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Does anyone have any startup code for a fortress based app? I don't know
> the differences between the containers so I thought I would start with
> fortress so if there is any starter classes/scripts lying about could
> someone point me in the right direction. I'm not picky about the setup
> of the directories, I just wanted to see a semi-standard way of booting
> up the container.

Here's a snippet from one of my projects. EdiContainer just extends
AbstractContainer, nothing more. Feel free to ask questions, on or off list.

        final ContextBuilder builder = new ContextBuilder();

        builder.setContainerClass( EdiContainer.class );
        builder.setContainerConfiguration( m_containerConfig );
        builder.setRoleManagerConfiguration( m_roles );
        builder.setLoggerManager( new LoggerLoggerManager( getLogger() ) );

        ContextManager contextManager = new ContextManager(
builder.getContext(), getLogger() );
        contextManager.initialize();

        this.m_containerManager = new DefaultContainerManager(
contextManager, getLogger() );
        this.m_containerManager.initialize();
        this.m_container = ( EdiContainer ) m_containerManager.getContainer();
        this.m_manager = m_container.getCM();

        if( getLogger().isDebugEnabled() ) getLogger().debug( "Container
created" );

> Would cocoon be a good place to look at this?

For certain pieces, yes. Some concepts are the same, loading the
configuration information, roles, assembly info.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org