Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> on 2014/08/12 10:55:23 UTC

for news

Hey everybody,

Volker has done a nice updated raspbian installation guide:

  http://jeeonthepi.blogspot.de/2014/08/installing-couchdb-1.html

It would be a nice addition to this week’s news, I made it into a new  wiki page too:

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Raspbian

Volker - please feel free to modify the new wiki page directly in future, my pi is
still in datacenter limbo so I can’t test myself.

Also, instead of needing to edit the ini file directly to update couchdb settings,
you can instead do:

  curl -XPUT http://admin:passwd@localhost:5984/_config/httpd/bind_address -d '"0.0.0.0"'

Which avoids needing to restart or change file permissions afterwards.

A+
Dave

Re: for news

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Thanks a lot for the notice, Dave! I'll ad this to the Weekly.