Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Niraj Juneja <nz...@kanbay.com> on 2002/01/11 08:56:38 UTC

Form beans and JAXB........

Are there any plans of making the FORM beans JAXB compliant.....

The reason I ask .... I am working on a Framework for EAI applications that
plugs into Struts.

presently in the programming model I have a step where for each request the
Application programmer needs to define a convertor

public interface IStructsConvertor extends IConvertor {

    public void convertHttpReq2KBean(HttpServletRequest req , ActionMapping
mapping,
     ActionForm form, KBean reqBean);
}

* KBean is a JAXB compliant object in my framework...

and all that the convertor does is popullate reqBean from ActionForm.

This whole step could be avoided if the ActionForm is someway compatible to
JAXB generated objects.

Thanks

Niraj Juneja

This message and any attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended addressee(s), you are hereby
notified that any use, distribution, disclosure or copying of this
communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
attachment(s) and notify the sender or Kanbay postmaster immediately.
(PostMaster@Kanbay.com)
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any
attachment(s) are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Re: Form beans and JAXB........

Posted by Jon Ferguson <fe...@ieee.org>.
Hi Niraj,

There's another thread going on a similar lines... for some reason I hadn't
thought of using JAXB.  One possibility was Castor which does a similar thing
in another way.  Only apparently the builtin validation is not specific
enough.  It does work with W3C Schemas which the Java site suggests JAXB does
not yet.  Is that true?  Does JAXB manage validation better?

Jon