Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/28 20:23:27 UTC

MyFaces Website

Now that its official, what are the plans for the myfaces website.  Is
it going to be migrated to myfaces.apache.org?  What is the plan for
that and how will the website be written/maintained.

I am going to be writing some documentation for my new tree component
and inputSuggest components shortly and I would like to make these fit
with the new scheme of things.  Also, as for the format of the
website, I suggest we do something like the Ant website.  Nice and
simple and consistent with the Apache look and feel.

I can work up a sample page for discussion purposes if folks are interested.

sean

Re: MyFaces Website

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.
I was thinking that it would be great if it was JSF based, but until
that happens, we should just stick w/ Forrest.

+1 for forrest.

--
-Heath Borders-Wing
hborders@mail.win.org

Re: MyFaces Website

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces Website

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces Website

Re: MyFaces Website

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Are we totally committed to using Forrest?  I noticed that very few
sites other than the incubator ones use that.  I don't know how to use
forrest but I also don't really have much experience with any of the
templates that the various sites seem to be using.  So I am willing to
use whichever one the groups decides on.  Lets just make sure we pick
the best one!

Also, at some point we should look into changing the CVS repository
from incubator-myfaces to myfaces.  I think we might only need to do
mv on the directory but we'll probably want to have everyone check in
their stuff before that happens.

Finally, I think a top order of business should be to have nightly
builds (of examples WAR as well as distribution bundle) available
ASAP.  This will make it easier for new users to give us feedback on
our fixes and new features.

sean

Re: MyFaces Website

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Hi,

Re: MyFaces Website

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
Yes, we should build our new homepage as soon as possible.
Matthias Wessendorf has already done a great job (Thanks!) and has moved
many pages from the old wiki page to the new forrest based site at
http://incubator.apache.org/myfaces/index.html
There are still some infos and parts missing on the new website,
particularly the features and component docs.

Unfortunately I'm still under enormous pressure in my current project at
my company. I'm just able to read the most important mails on the
mailing lists and to support MyFaces by being involved in a few
discussions, nothing more at the moment, sorry! But the time will come,
when I again will be able to fully support MyFaces, I promise.

Re: MyFaces Website

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
yes, would be great...

I don't have time to do anything on the webpage, but it would be great
to have much more documentation there!

regards,

Martin