Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill <ad...@vci.net> on 2006/10/19 15:03:22 UTC

tmp files being left over from FuzzyOCR?

    Since I installed FuzzyOCR I've noticed I'm having a lot of files named
similar to  .spamassassin8932mZBFrtmp  left in my /tmp folder. These are
from FuzzyOCR, correct? The content of these files has lots of spaces,
hyphens, commas with a few readable words and the word "picture" a few
times.

    Is there something I need to do to ensure these files are removed? After
I manually remove them I see new tmp files being created and removed but
sometimes a file is NOT removed.

      Bill

Re: tmp files being left over from FuzzyOCR?

Posted by Chris Lear <ch...@laculine.com>.
* Bill wrote (19/10/06 14:03):
>     Since I installed FuzzyOCR I've noticed I'm having a lot of files named
> similar to  .spamassassin8932mZBFrtmp  left in my /tmp folder. These are
> from FuzzyOCR, correct? The content of these files has lots of spaces,
> hyphens, commas with a few readable words and the word "picture" a few
> times.
>
>     Is there something I need to do to ensure these files are removed? After
> I manually remove them I see new tmp files being created and removed but
> sometimes a file is NOT removed.

I suspect that if you look in your FuzzyOCR log, you will find errors
that match the unremoved temp files.

Eg from my FuzzyOCR.log:

[2006-10-18 10:10:47] Unexpected error in pipe to external programs.
                       Please check that all helper programs are
installed and in the correct path.
                       (Pipe Command "/usr/bin/gifasm -d
/tmp/.spamassassin2591CHsvrEtmp/out", Pipe exit code 1 (""), Temporary
file: "/tmp/.spamassassin2591dNqOn7tmp")

I see that /tmp/.spamassassin2591CHsvrEtmp/ is still there, but
/tmp/.spamassassin2591dNqOn7tmp isn't.

And another example:

[2006-10-18 09:34:24] FuzzyOcr received timeout after running "10" seconds.

#ls -l /tmp/.spamassassin* | grep 09:34
-rw-------  1 spamd users     0 Oct 18 09:34 /tmp/.spamassassin2589Wc3z7Gtmp
-rw-------  1 spamd users 23579 Oct 18 09:34 /tmp/.spamassassin2589yvpP1Htmp

Looks like when gifasm fails, you get a dir left over. If there's a
timeout, you get a file left over.

Chris