Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by smx_user <pa...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/10/17 08:29:41 UTC

Nested/Sub Transaction in service Mix

Hello,

         Can anyone let me know is there support of Nested or sub
transaction in servicemix. What iam looking for if a msg is exchanged
between A->B->C , the flow between A->C is the main transaction and the flow
between B->C is the subtransction. So if exchange between B->C fails then
the flow between A->B is considered as a failure and it should be rolled
back.

Information about any third party component which can be deployed in
servicemix to handle the nexted/sub transaction is also welcome.

looking for reply

Thanks and Regards
Param

Re: Nested/Sub Transaction in service Mix

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The component starting the transaction is responsible for the commit
or rollback.  This happens when the component receives the response
from the provider.
Atm, the only JBI endpoint able to start transactions is the JMS one.
You need to specify transacted="xa" and synchronous="true" to have the
transaction being conveyed to other components in the flow.  All other
components will be enlisted in the transaction and when the whole flow
completes, the jms endpoint will commit or rollback the transaction (a
rollback will occcur if the exchange has an ERROR status).

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:42 AM, smx_user
<pa...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hello gnodet,
>
>      do you have any sample code or link about explaining this concept. How
> do we say in component c that the transaction is started by A and which
> component does the rollback?.. A sample  code will really help me out to
> understand better.
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> Why would you need subtransactions for that, you just need a single
>> transaction and if any error occurs, the whole transaction will be
>> rolled back.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:29 AM, smx_user <pa...@rediffmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>         Can anyone let me know is there support of Nested or sub
>>> transaction in servicemix. What iam looking for if a msg is exchanged
>>> between A->B->C , the flow between A->C is the main transaction and the
>>> flow
>>> between B->C is the subtransction. So if exchange between B->C fails then
>>> the flow between A->B is considered as a failure and it should be rolled
>>> back.
>>>
>>> Information about any third party component which can be deployed in
>>> servicemix to handle the nexted/sub transaction is also welcome.
>>>
>>> looking for reply
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Param
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Nested/Sub Transaction in service Mix

Posted by smx_user <pa...@rediffmail.com>.
Hello gnodet,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Why would you need subtransactions for that, you just need a single
transaction and if any error occurs, the whole transaction will be
rolled back.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:29 AM, smx_user <pa...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         Can anyone let me know is there support of Nested or sub
> transaction in servicemix. What iam looking for if a msg is exchanged
> between A->B->C , the flow between A->C is the main transaction and the flow
> between B->C is the subtransction. So if exchange between B->C fails then
> the flow between A->B is considered as a failure and it should be rolled
> back.
>
> Information about any third party component which can be deployed in
> servicemix to handle the nexted/sub transaction is also welcome.
>
> looking for reply
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Param

Cheers,