Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org> on 2011/05/31 14:25:20 UTC

PageRank

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding legal issues.

I have one of my students implement PageRank in MapReduce, would it be
possible to contribute this to Mahout or are there any legal issues
prohibiting this?

I read that Stanford is holding a patent on PageRank but I've seen a
PageRank implementation already included in the Pegasus Framework from
Carnegie Mellon University which is Apache licensed.

Can someone help here with advice?

--sebastian

Re: PageRank

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Read the Apache Individual Contributor License Agreement, section  5:

5. You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original
   creation (see section 7 for submissions on behalf of others).  You
   represent that Your Contribution submissions include complete
   details of any third-party license or other restriction (including,
   but not limited to, related patents and trademarks) of which you
   are personally aware and which are associated with any part of Your
   Contributions.

Re: PageRank

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Well, we can go send that link to legal-discuss@apache.org and see