Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mallik <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/12 06:53:45 UTC

external javascript file linking problem?

Hi friends
i am converting a project into struts
i want to use my javascript(js) calender file in strtus
application.(calender will display in popup)
but that javascript file is not working.
what will be the reason
this way i link it to jsp file:
<link href='<html:rewrite page="/javaScript/datetimepicker.js"/>'
type="text/javascript"/>

and i also tried like this:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="/javaScritp/datetimepicker"></script>

and also
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="/javaScritp/datetimepicker"/>

no one is working
what will be the reason
or what is the way of linking external js file
let me know please
thanks in advance

ur's
Mallik

RE: external javascript file linking problem?

Posted by "Strachan, Paul" <Pa...@det.nsw.edu.au>.
<script type="text/javascript" src="<yourcontext>/javascript/datetimepicker.js"></script>

________________________________

Posted by Puneet Lakhina <pu...@gmail.com>.
On 12/12/06, Mallik <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi friends
> i am converting a project into struts
> i want to use my javascript(js) calender file in strtus
> application.(calender will display in popup)
> but that javascript file is not working.
> what will be the reason
> this way i link it to jsp file:

> <link href='<html:rewrite page="/javaScript/datetimepicker.js"/>'
> type="text/javascript"/>

I use the same method as u mentioned above, and it works fine. Try checking
for any spelling errors in the path or for case in case ur on *nix machine.

Or use something like this
<script lanaguage = "javascript"
src="<%=request.getContextPath()%>/javaScript/datetimepicker.js"
/>

> and i also tried like this:

> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
> src="/javaScritp/datetimepicker"></script>
>
> and also
> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
> src="/javaScritp/datetimepicker"/>
>
> no one is working
> what will be the reason
> or what is the way of linking external js file
> let me know please
> thanks in advance
>
> ur's
> Mallik