Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Andrzej Matejko <an...@pro.onet.pl> on 2004/04/30 01:40:49 UTC

WinCAPICryptoProvider, CryptAquireContext and CRYPT_MACHINE_KEYSET

Hi,

  I'have spend last 4 hours looking for strange error: my application
works perfectly on some computers (w2k) and crash beautiful on other
(w2k too).
  I have discovered that the problem is in WinCAPICryptoProvider
constructor.
  First of all provRSAName should not be null (my application verifies
rsa-sha1 signatures).
  Second - when I use default (in xsec) CRYPT_MACHINE_KEYSET flag on
CryptAquireContext in the constructor xsec: says that it can't open
keystore, and that (on CryptAquireContext with CRYPT_NEWKEYSET) it says
that NTE_EXISTS (object already exists). So, I thing that the problem is
in priviledges for keyset. Unfortunatelly I don't know how to change
them and unfortunately on all computers I was logged as administrator
:(((...

  Can anybody tell me what have I done wrong?

   Best,
   Andrzej Matejko