Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/19 17:04:12 UTC

[jdktools][jdwp][doc] JDWP coverage report

Hi, all

I have run our unit test for jdwp to get a coverage report.
The report is attained through gcov
lcov is used to get a more readable html report.

The good news is the report indicate that our jdwp implementation is
mostly covered and tested.I raise a jira[1] to upload the report.
If someone else is also interested in it, i can summarize it here or
to our wiki.

Best Regards
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu

China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [jdktools][jdwp][doc] JDWP coverage report

Posted by Jim Yu <ju...@gmail.com>.
It sounds good! I am willing to help you do this job. And we may improve the
coverage rate for our implementation.

2008/3/21, Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>:

> Thanks, Jimmy
> And i will summarize the report for jdwp to our wiki.
>
> 2008/3/20, Jimmy,Jing Lv <fi...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 2008/3/20, Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>:
> > > Hi, all
> > >
> > >  I have run our unit test for jdwp to get a coverage report.
> > >  The report is attained through gcov
> > >  lcov is used to get a more readable html report.
> > >

> > Cool!
> >
> > >  The good news is the report indicate that our jdwp implementation is
> > >  mostly covered and tested.I raise a jira[1] to upload the report.
> > >  If someone else is also interested in it, i can summarize it here or
> > >  to our wiki.
> > >

> > The result looks good.
> > I'd like to help to commit, where do you want to put the result?
> > (Harmony wiki is a good place than JIRA)
> >
> > >  [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5619
> > >

> > >  --
> > >  Best Regards
> > >  Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu
> > >
> > >  China Software Development Lab, IBM
> > >

> > --
> >
> > Best Regards!
> >
> > Jimmy, Jing Lv
> > China Software Development Lab, IBM
> >

> --
> Best Regards
> Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu
>
> China Software Development Lab, IBM

--
Best Regards,
Jim Yu (虞俊杰)

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Jimmy

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
You can open the debug info in our implementation when run the unit test.
Pass property jpda.settings.debuggeeAgentExtraOptions to vm, such as:

-Djpda.settings.debuggeeAgentExtraOptions=trace=DATA

The current implementation uses the following trace message types you can open:

CMD - JDWP commands execution
PACK - JDWP packets read/write operations
DATA - JDWP packets parsing and composing
EVENT - JDWP events tracing
MEM - memory allocation and de-allocation
MAP - object and class ID mapping
THRD - thread operations
MON - thread synchronization and monitor operations
PROG - program flow tracing
FUNC- agent functions entry/exit
JVMTI - JVMTI calls tracing
UTIL - auxiliary utility messages