Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2004/01/18 17:00:04 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] Wishlist Sun Jan 18 17:00:03 2004

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Wishlist , version: 51 on Sun Jan 18 15:32:26 2004 by JoergHeinicke

- * It would be great, if there is an category on this wiki there new, reusable components can be placed. So we would have a place, where many components could be found and published.
? --

+ It would be great, if there is an category on this wiki there new, reusable components can be placed. So we would have a place, where many components could be found and published.
- * I would __love__ to read about how this Wiki is interfaced with Cocoon, i.e. (I guess), how to configure a Cocoon server to use JSPWiki.
? --

+ I would __love__ to read about how this Wiki is interfaced with Cocoon, i.e. (I guess), how to configure a Cocoon server to use JSPWiki.
+
+ ''It's not interfaced with Cocoon, it's just the Wiki.'' -- [JH|JoergHeinicke]
- * I would like to see the stylesheets for this site changed so that is possible to get a decent printout from a page (esp. without the menu on the left); yes, this is possible with stylesheets; no, its not that hard ;-) Alternatively, setting up a Print.jsp page, referenced from the LeftHandMenu is pretty simple (I have done it on my own JPSWiki) -- [Derek H] -- 05.05.03
? --

+ I would like to see the stylesheets for this site changed so that is possible to get a decent printout from a page (esp. without the menu on the left); yes, this is possible with stylesheets; no, its not that hard ;-) Alternatively, setting up a Print.jsp page, referenced from the LeftHandMenu is pretty simple (I have done it on my own JPSWiki) -- [Derek H] -- 05.05.03
- * I would like to see some examples of writing Actions in XSP which I understand can be done but have no idea how -- [Andrew C. Oliver]
? --

+ I would like to see some examples of writing Actions in XSP which I understand can be done but have no idea how -- [Andrew C. Oliver]
- * I would like to see some [Sitemap] templates (page-> SitemapTemplates / SitemapSnippets), both main sitemaps and sub-sitemaps. Examples like [MinimalSitemapConfiguration], etc. (2002.08.07, [Sten Aksel Heien])
? --

+ I would like to see some [Sitemap] templates (page-> SitemapTemplates / SitemapSnippets), both main sitemaps and sub-sitemaps. Examples like [MinimalSitemapConfiguration], etc. (2002.08.07, [Sten Aksel Heien])
- * Apache Xindice-in-Cocoon documentation - "how can I include Xindice in Cocoon?"
? --

+ Apache Xindice-in-Cocoon documentation - "how can I include Xindice in Cocoon?"
+
+ ''Have a look at [XMLIndiceCocoon2.1].'' -- [JH|JoergHeinicke]
+
+ ----
- * AND a Newbie-Site with downloadable sample.zip's
? --

+ AND a Newbie-Site with downloadable sample.zip's
- * Lists over available entries in site map, sorted in alphabethic order on their names. For a newbie like me, it is not easy to remember if the cool thing I read about was a transformer or a generator. Each entry should be documented with name, type of component, available parameters, and available child elements, effect, role in the architechture, and common examples of use-case (when do I use it).
? --

+ Lists over available entries in site map, sorted in alphabethic order on their names. For a newbie like me, it is not easy to remember if the cool thing I read about was a transformer or a generator. Each entry should be documented with name, type of component, available parameters, and available child elements, effect, role in the architechture, and common examples of use-case (when do I use it).
- * I am BTW developing a JSPWiki spider that will start at a JSPWiki URL and spider the content into well formed xhtml structure. Could this possibly solve the question on how to get the wiki content to the xdocs?
? --

+ I am BTW developing a JSPWiki spider that will start at a JSPWiki URL and spider the content into well formed xhtml structure. Could this possibly solve the question on how to get the wiki content to the xdocs?
- ** See [WikiML|http://www.wikiml.org] for details about, and code for a [SAX] parser that generates SAX events from files containing Wiki markup. If this code were adapted to become a Cocoon [Generator], then a Cocoon instance could be set up by [Outerthought|http://outerthought.org/] which exposes the JSPWiki data as XML -- [Leigh Dodds]
? -

+ * See [WikiML|http://www.wikiml.org] for details about, and code for a [SAX] parser that generates SAX events from files containing Wiki markup. If this code were adapted to become a Cocoon [Generator], then a Cocoon instance could be set up by [Outerthought|http://outerthought.org/] which exposes the JSPWiki data as XML -- [Leigh Dodds]
- *** Cool, this would result in documentation coming live and direct from the Wiki. My spider would generate it batch wise, instead. Each with its pros and cons.
? -

+ ** Cool, this would result in documentation coming live and direct from the Wiki. My spider would generate it batch wise, instead. Each with its pros and cons.
- ** You might want to user the [XML-RPC interface|JSPWiki:WikiRPCInterface] of the JSPWiki engine for collecting information.  It has methods for getting links of a page, HTML formatted version of a page, or plain text.  If you need fully-fledged XML, then you'd need to replace or fix TranslatorReader.java.  --[JanneJalkanen]
? -

+ * You might want to user the [XML-RPC interface|JSPWiki:WikiRPCInterface] of the JSPWiki engine for collecting information.  It has methods for getting links of a page, HTML formatted version of a page, or plain text.  If you need fully-fledged XML, then you'd need to replace or fix TranslatorReader.java.  --[JanneJalkanen]
- * In different articles from Stefano and Carsten, they explain cocoon history and what kind of components they have introduced. For me the historical view clarified how Cocoon architecture works today, which I didn't get in the other docs. I would suggest that docs are organized in three levels:
? --

+ In different articles from Stefano and Carsten, they explain cocoon history and what kind of components they have introduced. For me the historical view clarified how Cocoon architecture works today, which I didn't get in the other docs. I would suggest that docs are organized in three levels:
- ** Foundation: Cocoon as a publishing engine - only sitemap examples for static content and XML pipelines, plus add-ons for RTF, PDF, mixing content, merging content.
? -

+ * Foundation: Cocoon as a publishing engine - only sitemap examples for static content and XML pipelines, plus add-ons for RTF, PDF, mixing content, merging content.
- ** Portals: Cocoon as a portals application - Built on top of the basics with fx XSP and the sun*-framework.
? -

+ * Portals: Cocoon as a portals application - Built on top of the basics with fx XSP and the sun*-framework.
- ** Advanced and new concepts like the notion of flows and continuations etc -- Ola Berg
? -

+ * Advanced and new concepts like the notion of flows and continuations etc -- Ola Berg
- * I just can't get how the database actions/form validator stuff works.. it all is just so complicated that I can't wrap my head around it yet. I am using forms generated through xslt and the sql transform that are calling servlets for now.
? --

+ I just can't get how the database actions/form validator stuff works.. it all is just so complicated that I can't wrap my head around it yet. I am using forms generated through xslt and the sql transform that are calling servlets for now.
- I'd like to have a possibilty to download all the wiki pages in tgz archive for offline browsing.
-
- ----
-