Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Edgar Poce <ed...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/02 07:32:45 UTC

use of sun.misc.Service in indexing component

Hi to all,

Not sure, but sun.misc.Service doesn't seem to be part of the j2se spec,
see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/index.html. I didn't test it
but if that's the case I guess indexing won't work with other jvm than
the one from sun.

BR,
edgar

Re: use of sun.misc.Service in indexing component

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Edgar,

Edgar Poce wrote:
> Not sure, but sun.misc.Service doesn't seem to be part of the j2se spec,
> see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/index.html. I didn't test it
> but if that's the case I guess indexing won't work with other jvm than
> the one from sun.

You are right, we should probably move to
javax.imageio.spi.ServiceRegistry. Even though the package name implies
something else, this registry can be used for any service.

I've created a jira issue:

regards
  marcel