Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by gu haven <gu...@hotmail.com> on 2019/02/22 05:09:28 UTC

VMs Connection break under two isolate network

hi ,all
      I try iperf wget scp connection will break after 200 seconds ,Do  need any optimization in vr ?

environment infomation below:

cloudstack 4.11.2

xenserver 7.1 CU2 Enterprise

NIC :MLNX 25GbE 2P ConnectX4LX

bond mode in xenserver : acitce-active

[cid:7d9efc71-ebb3-49ef-9ced-a887dbf1e3a1]

Re:VMs Connection break under two isolate network

Posted by Haijiao <18...@163.com>.
Hi, Devs and Community Users

To be more specific,  our environment is built with
* 2 Dell R740XD Servers + Dell Compellent Storage w/ iSCSI
* Each server equiped with two Mellanox Connect-4 LX 25GbE network adapters, and configured with bond mode(active+active) in XenServer
* CloudStack 4.11.2 LTS + XenServer 7.1CU2(LTS) Enterprise

Everything goes fine with shared network, but the weird thing is if we setup 2 isolated networks,  try to use 'iperf',  'wget' or 'SCP' to test the network performance betwen two VMs located in these 2 isolated networks,  the traffic will drop to zero in about 200-300 seconds,  even though we were still able to ping or SSH VM B1 from A1 or verse.

VM A1 ---> VR A(Isloated Network A) ----> VR B(Isolated Network B)  ----> VM B1
We have checked the configuration on switches, upgraded Mellanox driver for XenServer,  but no luck.
Meanwhile, we can not re-produce this issue in another environment (XenServer 7.1CU2+ACS 4.11.2+ Intel Gb network).

 It seems it might be related to Mellanox adapter, but we have no idea what part we could possibly miss in this case.

Any advice would be highly appreciated !   Thank you !

在2019年02月22 13时09分, "gu haven"<gu...@hotmail.com>写道: