Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/13 15:53:35 UTC

[SITE] change to relative links + change to use id for anchors

I think it would be useful to use relative links where possible
throughout the Incubator site.

Also, by switching to using <h2 id="anchor"> rather than <h2><a
name="anchor"> will avoid having to distinguish links from anchors, at
least in the Anakia-generated output.

Both of these will change just about every HTML file, so I'd like to
do them together to reduce SVN noise.

The combination of changes will simplify future styling and testing.

OK to go ahead?

Re: [SITE] change to relative links + change to use id for anchors

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be useful to use relative links where possible
> throughout the Incubator site.
>
> Also, by switching to using <h2 id="anchor"> rather than <h2><a
> name="anchor"> will avoid having to distinguish links from anchors, at
> least in the Anakia-generated output.
>
> Both of these will change just about every HTML file, so I'd like to
> do them together to reduce SVN noise.
>
> The combination of changes will simplify future styling and testing.
>
> OK to go ahead?

+1

Cheers

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [SITE] change to relative links + change to use id for anchors

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14 October 2011 01:02, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>> I think it would be useful to use relative links where possible
>> throughout the Incubator site.
>>
>> Also, by switching to using <h2 id="anchor"> rather than <h2><a
>> name="anchor"> will avoid having to distinguish links from anchors, at
>> least in the Anakia-generated output.
>>
>> Both of these will change just about every HTML file, so I'd like to
>> do them together to reduce SVN noise.
>>
>> The combination of changes will simplify future styling and testing.
>>
>> OK to go ahead?
>
> Yes please. It also helps with local review of pending changes.

Done some while ago.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.