Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2003/03/07 15:55:01 UTC

Re: Cache no refreshing

Vlachogiannis Evangelos wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there any known bug regarding cache? I am changing externally the content
> of an html portlet but it is never refreshing...
> I have changed: services.PortletCache.TimeToLive.default=60000
> (Jet 1.4b2)
> Thnx
> Vangelis

Sorry for the *very* late response.

Are you using tomcat 4.1.x ?

I have seen a problem in the logic of the disk cache (which would be
involved in the retrieval of the HTML file), and I'm about to fix it.

It is incorrect management of the lastModified field for "local" URLs
that are not "file:" (bad assumption in JetspeedDiskCacheEntry). Tomcat
4.1 exposes local resources as "jndi:" thus triggers the bug.

Anyone knows about an open bug on this? Or should I open, patch, commit
and close it myself?

Regards,
      Santiago