Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Masakazu Kitajo <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/08/08 12:26:33 UTC

Committer info in commits

Committers,

It seems some commits doesn't have a valid committer name. It's not cool.

I couldn't find any official rules but some (most?) projects require to use
your email address as a committer when you push commits. We should probably
do this. IIRC, you can set the address at GitHub Settings - Email - Primary
email address, and it need to be public.

Look at the second commit. The commit is made by  GitHub <noreply@github.com
>.

$ git log --pretty=full

commit d2ab2b599210dff5d2551a3cab875a8d7ef4a3a0 (HEAD -> master,
apache/master)
Author: Luc Perkins <lu...@gmail.com>
Commit: Masakazu Kitajo <ma...@apache.org>

    Add link checker and fix broken links (#647)

    * add htmltest link checker setup steps and fix a few links

    * add license header to new script

    * add license header to htmltest YAML config file

    * fix Makefile and some broken links

commit 2b63573eea220a8710a93d87f451188e0f253b22
Author: Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>
Commit: GitHub <no...@github.com>

    Build website using the current user rather than root (#652)

Re: Committer info in commits

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Seems to me you could do an experiment and see. If it is not to the podling's liking then ask Infra to fix.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Masakazu Kitajo <ma...@apache.org>.
> [...]

> Primary
> > email address, and it need to be public.
> >
> > Look at the second commit. The commit is made by  GitHub <
> > noreply@github.com
> > >.
> >
> > $ git log --pretty=full
> >
> > commit d2ab2b599210dff5d2551a3cab875a8d7ef4a3a0 (HEAD -> master,
> > apache/master)
> > Author: Luc Perkins <lu...@gmail.com>
> > Commit: Masakazu Kitajo <ma...@apache.org>
> >
> >     Add link checker and fix broken links (#647)
> >
> >     * add htmltest link checker setup steps and fix a few links
> >
> >     * add license header to new script
> >
> >     * add license header to htmltest YAML config file
> >
> >     * fix Makefile and some broken links
> >
> > commit 2b63573eea220a8710a93d87f451188e0f253b22
> > Author: Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>
> > Commit: GitHub <no...@github.com>
> >
> >     Build website using the current user rather than root (#652)

Thanks.
Masakazu

Re: Committer info in commits

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>.