Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net> on 2006/08/20 19:57:28 UTC

how to use the mod_jk2?

hi I have ocassionally gotten/obtained the Apache http server to
supposedly use with tomcat. I say "supposedly" because I have never been
able to even start to connect the 2 servers thru the mod_jk2! Can
someone please "walk me" through the whole procedure for doing this?
Much thanx to anyone who can help me with this long time problem.

Re: how to use the mod_jk2?

Posted by Dhaval Patel <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

    If you are using Apache 2.0.x, then and then only mod_jk or mod_jk2 will help you. If you are using Apache 2.2.x, use mod_proxy_ajp.

For mod_jk configuration, look at following two links:
(1) Simple configuration - http://www.howtoforge.com/apache2_tomcat5_mod_jk_integration
(2) Advanced configuration with Virtual hosts - http://www.howtoforge.com/apache2_tomcat5_mod_jk

For mod_proxy_ajp, look at following link:
(1) http://forgeftp.novell.com/lu4d/lu4d_lskd_mod_proxy_ajp.htm

    Above links uses different OSs (Debian and SuSE) for illustration but you can configure Apache based upon that.

    Let us know how it goes with you.

Okay you are right. So how do I go about setting up the mod_jk to be the
connector between Tomcat and the Apache HTTP Server anyway?

Re: how to use the mod_jk2?

Posted by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.

Mark Thomas wrote:

>Steve R Burrus wrote:
>

>>hi I have ocassionally gotten/obtained the Apache http server to
>>supposedly use with tomcat. I say "supposedly" because I have never been
>>able to even start to connect the 2 servers thru the mod_jk2! Can
>>someone please "walk me" through the whole procedure for doing this?
>>Much thanx to anyone who can help me with this long time problem.
>>

>Are you aware that mod_jk2 is deprecated and the mod_proxy_ajp and
>mod_jk are the currently supported methods of doing this?
>
>Mark

Re: how to use the mod_jk2?

Posted by Ra...@stj.gov.br.
Hi;
Get apache 2.2.3, compile with all you want plus --enable-proxy-ajp.
Configuration:
 httpd.conf:    <Location /"APP NAME">
                ProxyPass ajp://"TOMCAT IP":"TOMCAT PORT"/"APP NAME"
                </Location>

I think this will work. Everything between " should be replaced by the
correct value. Have I forgotten something?

Rafael Sarres de Almeida

Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
20/08/2006 15:00
Favor responder a