Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Massimo Perani <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/27 09:19:01 UTC

Help with GraniteDS GRAVITY and Flex MOBILE Chat Application

Hi all,
I'm doing some tests with Gravity (GraniteDS), my goal is to create a chat
module for my application.

Everything works correctly if I use Gravity in a Flex WEB Project
(so the flex app runs in the browser).

If I create a Flex MOBILE project I can't see any call to the Gravity
servlet but I have no errors in the flex application.

I can't find anything about Gravity specific for Flex MOBILE,
Is there anyone who can give me some suggestion?

I'm using FB 4.7, Apache flex 4.10.0, GraniteDS 3.0.0.M3.
i'm using a Java Spring Backend running on Tomcat 7 with NIO protocol set
on connector

Thanks to all

--
Massimo Perani

Re: Help with GraniteDS GRAVITY and Flex MOBILE Chat Application

Posted by Franck Wolff <fr...@graniteds.org>.
Great! I was about to post a code snippet, but you were too fast on this
one ;)

Anyway, here is the code (should definitely be documented):

var channelSet:ChannelSet = new ChannelSet();
var channel:Channel = new GravityChannel("gravityamf", "
http://127.0.0.1:8080/chat/gravity/amf");
channelSet.addChannel(channel);

var consumer:Consumer = new Consumer();
consumer.destination = "gravity";
consumer.topic = "discussion";
consumer.channelSet = channelSet;
consumer.subscribe();
consumer.addEventListener(MessageEvent.MESSAGE, messageHandler);

var producer:Producer = new Producer();
producer.destination = "gravity";
producer.channelSet = channelSet;
producer.topic = "discussion";