Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Locke, William" <Wi...@pbs.proquest.com> on 2002/04/17 22:40:50 UTC

Apache2 ,coldfusion 5.0 and windows 2k

Can anyone tell me how to get apache 2.0.35 to work with cold fusion 5.0 on
a Windows 2000 server?  here is what i have done so far.
installed cold fusion 5.0
installed apache 2.0.35
test apache install on localhost (works)
Per Macromedia's site i did this
Copy the ColdFusion module to the Apache modules directory:
If your version of ColdFusion Server ships with the Apache Module
(ApacheModuleColdFusion.dll), it is located in the following directory:
	[cfusion_root]\bin
	Copy the Apache Module to the following directory:
	[apache_root]\modules
Edit your httpd.conf file to include the following directives:
In the "LoadModule" list, add the following on one line (it appears as two
lines due to formatting in this TechNote):
	LoadModule coldfusion_module modules/ApacheModuleColdFusion.dll
In the "AddModule" list, add the following:
	AddModule mod_coldfusion.c

The last part addmodule to the addmodule list does not seem to work since I
dont see a list of add modules.  Although apache does not complain with this
line in there.
started apache and it fails with the error
Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/modules/ApacheModuleColdFusion.dll into server: The specified
module could not be found.

I have confirmed that the file IS there and even checked the permissions and
they match the permissions on everything else in that directory.
I have even tried to point it to a different directory and it can't seem to
find it.  If anyone can clue me in on what i am doing wrong please let me
know.

Re: Apache2 ,coldfusion 5.0 and windows 2k

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
It seems your coldfusion module is for Apache 1.3 (because of the AddModule
reference, which does not exist in Apache 2)
You either need to run Apache 1.3 or wait until they release a module for Apache 2

Posted by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net>.
I have been working on porting the coldfusion module to work with
Apache2.0 and I have a version that seems to work well.  Of course it is
unsupported by MacroMedia, but I plan to send it back to them once I'm
sure I have it stable.  You are welcome to try it if you want, but I
would not recommend it for use in a production environment.

Reply to me directly if you would like a copy (I have a copy for
2.0.36-dev, but could build for 2.0.35 GA).