Posted to users@solr.apache.org by maoredri <ma...@proton.me.INVALID> on 2022/06/08 07:49:36 UTC

Update Processor in Nested Document

Hi, everyone.
First I want say that English is not my first language, so I apologize for any mistakes.

Recently, we moved from Solr 6 to Solr 8.
now we want to start using nested document in our collections.
we going over our custom plugins in order to make them work for nested document and we were wondering if Solr's built in update processors support nested documents.
for example, given the document:
{
"id": "321",
"nestField":[
{
"id": "321.456",
"coolField": [12,12,1]
}
]
}

can I ​use [UniqFieldsUpdateProcessor](https://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_6_0//solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/UniqFieldsUpdateProcessorFactory.html) on "coolField"? If yes, how do I configure the processor to the nested field?

Thanks,
Maor Edri

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.

Re: Update Processor in Nested Document

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
I checked the source. There's nothing like this there yet.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Update Processor in Nested Document

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Maor, your question makes sense. I remember this discussion a few
years ago. But I don't remember where it end up.
Alexandre,
Do you remember it?