Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by "Nelson, Erick" <Er...@hdsupply.com> on 2019/02/28 04:52:23 UTC

Grape resolve broke in 2.5.6 ?

Am I calling it wrong?

$ groovy -v
Groovy Version: 2.5.6 JVM: 1.8.0_77 Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS: Mac OS X

$ grape list | grep jcraft
com.jcraft jsch  [0.1.42, 0.1.54, 0.1.55, 0.1.46, 0.1.53]

$ grape resolve com.jcraft jsch 0.1.53
                at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.rootLoader(GroovyStarter.java:110)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter.main(GroovyStarter.java:128)
Caused by: groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine$ExecutionException: Error while running command (org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GrapeMain$Resolve@609e8838): groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: arg for class: org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GrapeMain
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine.execute(CommandLine.java:1168)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine.access$800(CommandLine.java:141)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:1367)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine$RunLast.handle(CommandLine.java:1335)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine$AbstractParseResultHandler.handleParseResult(CommandLine.java:1243)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine.parseWithHandlers(CommandLine.java:1526)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine.parseWithHandler(CommandLine.java:1465)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine$parseWithHandler$0.call(Unknown Source)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:47)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:115)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:135)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GrapeMain.main(GrapeMain.groovy:72)
                ... 6 more
Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: arg for class: org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GrapeMain
                at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeStaticMissingProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:1021)
                at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:1866)
                at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:1842)
                at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:3797)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getProperty(InvokerHelper.java:193)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.getProperty(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:468)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GrapeMain$Resolve.propertyMissing(GrapeMain.groovy)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:101)
                at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMissingProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:889)
                at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl$12.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:2016)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.GetEffectivePogoPropertySite.getProperty(GetEffectivePogoPropertySite.java:85)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGroovyObjectGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:309)
                at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GrapeMain$Resolve.run(GrapeMain.groovy:235)
                at groovyjarjarpicocli.CommandLine.execute(CommandLine.java:1160)
                ... 17 more

$ grape help resolve
Enumerates the jars used by a grape
Usage: grape resolve [-adhisv] (<groupId> <artifactId> <version>)+

Prints the file locations of the jars representing the artifcats for the
specified module(s) and the respective transitive dependencies.

Parameters:
      <group>     Which module group the module comes from. Translates directly
                    to a Maven groupId or an Ivy Organization. Any group
                    matching /groovy[x][\..*]^/ is reserved and may have
                    special meaning to the groovy endorsed modules.
      <module>    The name of the module to load. Translated directly to a
                    Maven artifactId or an Ivy artifact.
      <version>   The version of the module to use. Either a literal version
                    `1.1-RC3` or an Ivy Range `[2.2.1,)` meaning 2.2.1 or any
                    greater version).

  -a, --ant       Express dependencies in a format applicable for an ant script
  -d, --dos       Express dependencies in a format applicable for a windows batch
                    file
  -s, --shell     Express dependencies in a format applicable for a unix shell script
  -i, --ivy       Express dependencies in an ivy-like format
  -h, --help      usage information
  -v, --version   display the Groovy and JVM versions

Re: Grape resolve broke in 2.5.6 ?

Posted by "Nelson, Erick" <Er...@hdsupply.com>.
Also, uninstall is not quiet, when asked to be…

$ grape -quiet uninstall com.hdsupply script 5.0
Deleting script-5.0.jar

From: Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 1:41 AM
To: "users@groovy.apache.org" <us...@groovy.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Grape resolve broke in 2.5.6 ?

Fixed in the master and GROOVY_2_5_X branches.
Please verify.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 6:25 PM Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>> wrote:
I raised https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9012 for this issue.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 5:38 PM Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>> wrote:
That’s a bug. Thanks for reporting this.

I’ll try to fix this today or tomorrow.

Remko.

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.