Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ajay <aj...@6dtech.co.in> on 2017/05/15 17:45:20 UTC

Ignite2.0 Data Strorage

Hi,

I have two servers X and Y. I can store 100 entries in X. If i got 500
entries to put into cache the exceed data in X can i bypass into Y servers
along with Y data. If possible please let me know how to achieve.

Thanks

Re: Ignite2.0 Data Strorage

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ajay,

This is not supported.

Ignite cache is divided into partitions and distribute partition among
nodes.
Partitions distribution depends on AffinityFunction [1] you configured.
AffinityFunction available by default are designed to have distribution
closer to equal.
However you may try to implement your own to meet your needs.

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation#affinity-function

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Ajay <aj...@6dtech.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two servers X and Y. I can store 100 entries in X. If i got 500
> entries to put into cache the exceed data in X can i bypass into Y servers
> along with Y data. If possible please let me know how to achieve.
>

> Thanks

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov