Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by murthy <mu...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 15:02:43 UTC

How to configure external file server in ACtiveMQ

is there any why to configure external file server like samba in activemq
rather than its own file server?. If it is the case  can i move the data
from producer to file server that i configured directly or data land at
activemq server and then transfer to configured file server? Please help me
out in this requirement.

Re: How to configure external file server in ACtiveMQ

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
There is a mix of levels of technology here.

The Operating System (O/S) provides the filesystem.  ActiveMQ runs in a JVM
that runs "on top of" the O/S.  Neither ActiveMQ nor the JVM are involved in
choosing a filesystem - that's purely at the O/S level.

It is possible to use Samba and have ActiveMQ put its files on the Samba
filesystem, although I would be very careful to test that setup thoroughly.
Samba is a great filesystem for sharing files between Windows and Linux
systems, but I'm not sure how solid it is for holding cricital data of a
high performance application (assuming that's how ActiveMQ is intended to be
used in this setup).

ActiveMQ must use one of its supported stores such as KahaDB, LevelDB, or
JDBC.