Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Keiron Liddle <kl...@webtime.com.au> on 2000/07/08 01:41:44 UTC

login cvs trouble

I'm ready to commit the svg code but..

For some reason there is an error if I try to commit anything, it says I
have insufficient Karma.
I can checkout, diff, update etc. with my login but I canot commit.

Any ideas?

Keiron.

Re: login cvs trouble

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
I think someone else answered it, but anyway

Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> You obviously fixed the problem, judging by the commit messages I see. :-)
> What was it?

May name was not in the /home/cvs/CVSROOT/avail file which is used to give
permission
to a user name to commit changes. I also found a gaping hole in this security,
I was able to add a directory without the commit permission.

> I had a requirement to upgrade to SSH2, myself, something that I was unaware
> of until I talked to Brian Behlendorf.

It actually only works with ssh1 for me (ssh2 reports a connection error), but
I do have ssh2 installed, who knows.

Re: login cvs trouble

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
You obviously fixed the problem, judging by the commit messages I see. :-)
What was it?

I had a requirement to upgrade to SSH2, myself, something that I was unaware
of until I talked to Brian Behlendorf.

Arved

At 09:41 AM 7/8/00 +1000, Keiron Liddle wrote:

>I'm ready to commit the svg code but..
>
>For some reason there is an error if I try to commit anything, it says I
>have insufficient Karma.
>I can checkout, diff, update etc. with my login but I canot commit.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Keiron.

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"