Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by El...@lionbridge.com on 2001/11/05 17:50:21 UTC

need some tips before to code my first double session scope app

hi all,

i'd like some tips before to code the server part of a WebService (i use
apache/tomcat, SOAP 2.2, and java for the code)

i want to create a webservice where : the server part creates a session to
2 databases (so one session per DB) and keep them alive (so i think i
should use session scope in my DeploymentDescriptor but that's the only
thing i know about it).

then the client part of the web service, thanks to parameters, will have
the choice between DB1 and DB2 (so session1 and session2)

First of all, is it doable ?

then could you tell me the main things i should know to create and keep
alive those 2 sessions ? (because i only made for the moment a simple
webservice with a client's request, and anwser and then everything is
closed), so a brief summary of persistant session or a link to any doc
would be appreciated

regards,
Elise who whe hates WebServices

Lionbridge Technologies - France