Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/22 19:58:34 UTC

Re: [axis2] WSDL2Java 'encoded' support

Hi iksrazal,

Please see below:

On 11/22/05, iksrazal <ik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just tested jira issue 2165 which is now closed:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2165?page=comments#action_12358269
>
> As the jira issue shows,  with axis2 I get:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: The use 'encoded' is not supported!
>
> Please follow the link for my wsdl. My questions are:
>
> 1) Is this a known issue?
Yes, Axis2 does not support soap encoding.

> 2) Does this have anything to do with using RPC instead of Document Literal?
This is because the wsdl binding is rpc 'encoded'.

> 3) Any ideas of a work around ?  Its a new app so I can do whatever it takes.
Change the WSDL to use a DOC-LIT binding, Axis2 will work without a
problem with doc-lit :-)

> Regards,
> iksrazal

Ruchith

Re: [axis2] WSDL2Java 'encoded' support

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 00:58 +0600, Ruchith Fernando wrote:
> > 1) Is this a known issue?
> Yes, Axis2 does not support soap encoding.
>
> > 2) Does this have anything to do with using RPC instead of Document Literal?
> This is because the wsdl binding is rpc 'encoded'.
>
> > 3) Any ideas of a work around ?  Its a new app so I can do whatever it takes.
> Change the WSDL to use a DOC-LIT binding, Axis2 will work without a
> problem with doc-lit :-)

Actually .. the code gen stuff (with ADB) does support rpc/enc too to an
80/20 extent. That's not quite done yet but once its done it should
handle most of soap-enc (except for soap-enc arrays).

Sanjiva.