Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Mohit Huria <hu...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/12 12:30:25 UTC

Error in accessing S3 data using drill

Hi,

I have installed apache drill 1.9.0 on my local mac and trying to connect
to s3 bucket to query the parquet files stored, after following all steps
in the blogs provided:

The core-site.xml is created in conf directory as suggested.

https://drill.apache.org/blog/2014/12/09/running-sql-queries-on-amazon-s3/

I have tried everything that the comments have suggested..

When I use s3a in storage plugin I get the below error:
*Error: SYSTEM ERROR: IllegalArgumentException: The bucketName parameter
must be specified.*

*[Error Id: 55d403c8-1f07-4296-acdf-9253229d1058 on 10.0.1.127:31010
<http://10.0.1.127:31010>] (state=,code=0)*

When I use s3n, I get below error:

*Error: SYSTEM ERROR: IllegalArgumentException: Invalid hostname in URI s3n*

I am using aws key, secret key also in the storage plugin in connection as
else I get below:

*Error: SYSTEM ERROR: SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated*

Please advice or let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!!

Mohit