Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alexw87 <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/08 18:44:05 UTC

Detecting problems during BrokerService startup

Hi

I'm starting an embedded Broker using spring, and KahaDBPersistenceAdapter
for persistance.

This all works fine, but I was hoping to see if there was a way of detecting
startup errors, say if another instance was started.

eg :
Database activemq-data\auditBroker\KahaDB\lock is locked... waiting 10
seconds for the database to be unlocked.

Is there anyway of bubbling up these exceptions so I can terminate the
application, as currently when using this approach, the executing thread
just sits waiting for the lock to unlock, which it won't

Any Help or suggestions would be most welcome.

Re: Detecting problems during BrokerService startup

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
yeah, and it is this way so that you don't have to configure a broker
to be a slave, it will just assume that role and there can be many
peer slaves if you like.
But I guess, when you don't want master slave it would be nice to be
able to configure an "exceptionOnLockFailure" attribute on the
persistence adapter or broker such that a single instance is enforced.

alex, do you want to raise a jira issue to track this, or even better,
also submit a patch, all contributions welcome.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Detecting problems during BrokerService startup

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,