Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by vb...@apache.org on 2019/10/21 22:07:18 UTC

Regarding: Process around release-notes

Dear Mentors,

This is related to the comment about Release-Notes seen in the Voting thread : https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ea192f458e795557bbf2b56c14ee6cbbede357a7b3b22fbf2dee14af@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Looking at other graduated (flink/spark) and incubating projects(incubator-heron, incubator-gobblin, incubator-weex-site,  incubator-datasketches-java), keeping Release-Notes/Changelog does not appear to be something that is mandated by Apache process.  With Jira migration and having a process to track jira-ids in commits, we are able to track the release notes through Jira tickets : https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12322822&version=12346087.  I would like to hear from your experience if you have any strong opinions on managing Release Notes in repository.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Balaji.V

Re: Regarding: Process around release-notes

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID>.

Thanks Thomas.

Balaji.V     On Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 9:10:41 AM PDT, Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> wrote:

 There is no mandate to maintain such log within the repository, it is up to
the project to decide.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.