Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Pa...@metavante.com on 2009/07/06 18:57:12 UTC

SelectionFailure second time in loop

Hello all,

I am really not sure how this can happen...but the first time through a
loop it can make the selection....the second time through the loop it
fails.  I the case that it fails, I am not accessing information in a
array...just setting static variables in the message.

I even tried to re-initialize the variable thinking some namespaces got
stepped on....but that did not work either.

Even stranger...it works in the Intalio Server running ODE...but not in a
downloaded version running in TomCat.

Any Ideas...I have run into this a lot....so is there some rules of thumb I
should be using?

Thanks for your time,

Paul

(See attached file: RecordIPTelephone.zip)
This message contains confidential and proprietary information of the
sender, and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message
without making a copy.

RE: SelectionFailure second time in loop

Posted by "Jackson, Douglas" <do...@siemens.com>.
Hi!
I think I saw something similar to this with Ode 2 beta 2.

If I did some assignments like the following it failed with a selection failure:
<to>$email-request-msg.email-request-part/util:param[3]/@value</to>
<to>$email-request-msg.email-request-part/util:param[2]/@value</to>
<to>$email-request-msg.email-request-part/util:param[1]/@value</to>
However, if I assigned them in the opposite order it seemed to not fail (i.e. assign param[1] first).  I am not absolutely positive that that change was it, but it seemed like it.

-Doug.

> I am really not sure how this can happen...but the first time through a
> loop it can make the selection....the second time through the loop it
> fails.  I the case that it fails, I am not accessing information in a
> array...just setting static variables in the message.
>
> I even tried to re-initialize the variable thinking some namespaces got
> stepped on....but that did not work either.
>
> Even stranger...it works in the Intalio Server running ODE...but not in a
> downloaded version running in TomCat.
>
> Any Ideas...I have run into this a lot....so is there some rules of thumb I
> should be using?

Are you still stuck on this? Which version of ODE are you using?

Matthieu

> Thanks for your time,
>
> Paul
>
> (See attached file: RecordIPTelephone.zip)
> This message contains confidential and proprietary information of the
> sender, and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
> Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is
> strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
> notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message
> without making a copy.

Re: SelectionFailure second time in loop

Posted by Pa...@metavante.com.
Hello,

Yes, I am still having this issue.  I am using ODE version 1.3.2.  I am not
sure what version of ODE is running in the Intalio Engine  (v 6.0.0.0.071)

Thanks,

Paul

  From:       Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>

  To:         user@ode.apache.org