Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Lu...@ses-astra.com on 2003/05/12 14:49:01 UTC

New external task

Hi *,

I have had available for some time a task to check the dependencies
of CORBA IDL files, in order to generate the corresponding java files,
but I hadn't yest posted it to the ANT community.

task: IDLDepend
        It parses the file, verifying the Java files that must be
generated, taking in
        account the modifications that can happen due to command line
parameters.
        If any of the Java files is missing or is older than the source
IDL specification,
        it launches the specified compiler, being correctly supported
those coming
        with Orbacus, Jacorb, OpenORB, Orbix2k and Sun'JDK distributions.
        To speed up the process and avoid parsing unnecesarily the same
files
        continuously, it keeps the dependencies into intermediate files.
        This task does not launch as well the Java compiler, that is, its
output are
        Java files and not directly the final bytecode.
Compatibility: ANT 1.4 (or later)
Contact: luismpena@gmx.net
License: free source, no license restrictions

Kind regards.

  Luismi

PS: follow the patch to
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/ant/xdocs/external.xml

Re: New external task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Luis Pena <Lu...@ses-astra.com> wrote:

> If any of the Java files is missing or is older than the source IDL
> specification, it launches the specified compiler, being correctly
> supported those coming with Orbacus, Jacorb, OpenORB, Orbix2k and
> Sun'JDK distributions.

This is something that has been requested by Ant users a couple of
times.  I'm going to close related bug reports pointing to your task
8-)

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: New external task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Antoine Levy-Lambert <le...@tiscali-dsl.de>
wrote:

> Could you create a bug report on nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla

I think Luis is asking us to add a pointer on the "external tools and
tasks" page rather than adding the task to Ant. 8-)

I'll take care of it.

Stefan

Re: New external task