Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2007/01/19 00:22:47 UTC

Policy on change headers

As I get back into OFBiz development, I would like to do a better job of
paying attention to details. Along those lines - is there a policy on
whether or not to put entries for all modifications in a "change header" at
the top of the page? Do we do it or do we rely on svn to handle those
comments?

If we should do it, is there an example that we can standardize on in terms
of fields?

-Al

Re: Policy on change headers

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 18, 2007, at 4:22 PM, Al Byers wrote:

> As I get back into OFBiz development, I would like to do a better
> job of
> paying attention to details. Along those lines - is there a policy on
> whether or not to put entries for all modifications in a "change
> header" at
> the top of the page? Do we do it or do we rely on svn to handle those
> comments?
>
> If we should do it, is there an example that we can standardize on
> in terms
> of fields?

No example exists because we decided a long time ago to very
specifically NOT do this. You guessed right on about the reason: SVN
keeps a good and much more useful history of this, and it keeps the
files way cleaner.

-David