Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 16:11:51 UTC

Junit question - functionTests.util.SecurityCheck

I'm converting the test checkDataSource.java and it uses a utility in
the functionTests.util package, SecurityCheck.java.
It is checking some details of various classes and printing out a
comment, even if no errors are found, so I'll need a modified version.

Is it ok to use this utility? (asking because the util directory
contains much old stuff).
Or should I put a modified version in derbyTesting/junit?
My final choice is to add the class to the converted checkDataSource test...

Thx,
Myrna

Re: Junit question - functionTests.util.SecurityCheck

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> I'm converting the test checkDataSource.java and it uses a utility in
> the functionTests.util package, SecurityCheck.java.
> It is checking some details of various classes and printing out a
> comment, even if no errors are found, so I'll need a modified version.
>
> Is it ok to use this utility? (asking because the util directory
> contains much old stuff).

I would say yes.

I think this is a utility for functional tests, so it seems like it's in
correct location. Is it used in any other test, if not you could just
the convert the version there to be more JUnit like, ie. asserts and not
printing output.

Dan.