Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Je...@t-systems.com on 2005/07/28 15:12:21 UTC

Element order with FOP

Hi,

i'm a bit confused, about the current output of my xsl:fo. Many excuses, as this seems to be more an XSLT question, than a FO question, but:

having an XML like this

<bodyText>
   <list/>
   <list/>
</bodyText>

and for the bodyText Tag i'm using a FO template like this:

<xsl:template match="bodyText">
 <xsl:apply-templates select="p"/>
 <xsl:apply-templates select="list"/>
 <xsl:apply-templates select="table"/>
</xsl:template>

where the FO Tags are inside the p, list and table templates. From XSLT, i was used, that it deployes each of these tags in its order, but the FOP output in the PDF now is like

Paragraph
Paragraph
Paragraph
List
List
Table

have i been completely mistaken about XSLT or is the behaviour on this different in FOP ?

Thanks in advance
Regards, Jens

Re: Element order with FOP

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> If you were to replace the three separate apply-templates by only one:
> <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />
> or
> <xsl:apply-templates select="(p | list | table)" />

or just
  <xsl:apply-templates/>

J.Pietschmann

Re: Element order with FOP