Posted to commits@pulsar.apache.org by "dao-jun (via GitHub)" <gi...@apache.org> on 2024/01/20 13:58:15 UTC

[D] Read entries from bookie has no timeout [pulsar]

GitHub user dao-jun created a discussion: Read entries from bookie has no timeout

I found that Bookkeeper client has no timeout for read operations, timeout is a very important part in RPC system

Although there is a field named `lastReadCallback` in `ManagedLedgerImp` to check read ops timeout, but from my understanding, it just checks the last read operation: if there is 3 read operations `A`,`B`,`C`, the `lastReadCallback` will be set to `C` and just check `C` even `A` and `B` are not finished.

I don't understand why Bookkeeper client has no timeout for read operations and why `ManagedLedgerImpl` just check the last read operation.

Your answer is greatly appreciated.

GitHub link: https://github.com/apache/pulsar/discussions/21936

----
This is an automatically sent email for commits@pulsar.apache.org.