Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by Stuti Awasthi <St...@persistent.co.in> on 2010/09/16 08:03:59 UTC

Problems in reloading the collectors

Hi All,

I was trying to modify the collector list dynamically through reloading the collectors on agent side . I am using chukwa0.4 version. As it is mentioned in "Chukwa Agent Setup Guide" that reloadcollectors will re-read list of collectors.

Here what I am exactly doing :

1)      Start the agent with some "X" collectors.

2)      Update the conf/collectors file with "Y" collector entry and removing "X" collector entry.

3)      Doing telnet to port 9093

4)      Firing command "reloadcollectors".

After reloading the collectors I got the response as "OK reloadCollectors done". But when I check my agents logs I find that agent is still trying to connect to old collector "X" and does not connect to new collector

Do I need to do anything more to add collectors dynamically to agent side. Please suggest

Thanks
Stuti

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: Problems in reloading the collectors

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stuti,

This is a bug.  I filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-523 to track this issue.
Thanks

regards,
Eric

Posted by Stuti Awasthi <St...@persistent.co.in>.
Hi,

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.