Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xingqun Jiang <xj...@cornell.edu> on 2003/08/25 23:57:10 UTC

Java/JSP vs C#/.NET

Hi,

I am a pure java supporter. I don't like C# or .Net because of Microsoft's
monopolization (sorry, kind of prejudice). However, I notice that more and
more people pick up C#/.NET due to their new advantages. I also heard that
C# is much faster than Java. My concern is, can Java/JSP still be
competitive to Microsoft's products? I don't like to see java be beaten by
Microsoft since it borrowed so many ideas from java to make up the so-called
"C#".

ok, feel free to talk about this topic.

Lance

Re OT: Java/JSP vs C#/.NET

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@baseBeans.com>.
It's fun to complain sometimes.

Here is more:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/07/23/java_qa.html
It seems that JCP and Vendors are leaving a lot of developers behind.
I can download Borland C# for free, more choices are better for developers:
http://borland.com/products/downloads/download_csharpbuilder.html#
C# is ECMA standard of course and you can do MVC w/ Mav-Net for example.

.V

Shawn Zernik wrote:

> Lance:
>
> 100% Multi-Platform Support: Microsoft doesn't have it.
>
> Shawn Zernik
> Internetwork Consulting
> www.internetworkconsulting.net

Vic Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor,
1-800-917-JAVA

Advanced <a href ="baseBeans.com">Struts Training</a>, mentoring and
project recovery in North East.
Struts conversion and <a href ="baseBeans.com"> fixed bid development</a>.

RE: Java/JSP vs C#/.NET