Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2015/02/16 19:57:24 UTC

OFBiz Test data

Is there any test data for the system?

The demo data (that I have found) does not contain most of the fields
available for each entity type.

I have been looking for Person entities and have not found anything that
looks like a full profile.

I have looked in Party, Human resources and Manufacturing.

Is there a place where developers get the data to run acceptance tests?

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: OFBiz Test data

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 17/02/2015 3:54 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 16/02/2015 23:36, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
>> Wow!
>> I would love to see the test plan for the order module!
>>
>> What is the best guess as to the coverage of the current test suites
>> for OFBiz (percent of functions tested)?
>
> We where near to have those information daily, but I had to give up
>
> Maybe you can rejuvenate it in OFBiz, then we could try to use
> ASF-Sonar...
>

>> I had a look at the Party seed and demo data and the test data and
>> hardly any of the party entities exist with enough attributes to be
>> useful in any kind of test of functions related to parties.
>>
>> Another reason to split out the demo data into a separate project.
>> It looks like a lot more hands are required just to build seed data,
>> demo data and test data/scripts.
>
> As said Pierre, nothing prevents anybody to contribute with the
> current configuration, just create Jiras and attach patches

People commit to projects with a vision and plan.
I also want to make this a collaborative effort with more than just my
ideas considered.
It should be something that is an on-going effort even if people come
and go.

Re: OFBiz Test data

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

We where near to have those information daily, but I had to give up https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3590

Re: OFBiz Test data

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
I am pretty new to the project but I can guess at a few tasks to tackle.

- document the various type tables and solicit ideas for values that are
missing, redundant or have confusing values
    - investigate entities that have type data split between different
applications
      - amalgamate where that would be better and document elsewhere
- investigate ways to package core type/status data that must be
installed for the operation of the system
- find a way to organize the test data that allows the documentation
team to create packages that the developers can use easily while
separating it from the code so it can be worked on by a different team.

- identify the areas that need demos
    - create more robust demo data
    - document the scenarios/business cases in the demo

- identify areas that need tests
    - document the existing test scenarios
    - requirements for new tests
      - automated
      - manual scripts for GUI tests
      - automate GUI Tests. Perhaps with something like Selenium?
    - add test data that is not part of the demo data and is required to
run the tests.

This could be handled by a team with a small bit of help from current
committers and the occasional community discussion.

Ron

Re: OFBiz Test data

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

--