Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Helmut Zechmann <he...@adeven.com> on 2018/08/17 15:14:29 UTC

Operator metrics do not get unregistered after job finishes

Hi all,

we are using flink 1.5.2 in batch mode with prometheus monitoring.

We noticed that a few metrics do not get unregistered after a job is finished:

flink_taskmanager_job_task_operator_numRecordsIn
flink_taskmanager_job_task_operator_numRecordsInPerSecond
flink_taskmanager_job_task_operator_numRecordsOut
flink_taskmanager_job_task_operator_numRecordsOutPerSecond

Those metrics stay in the taksmanager metrics list until the task manger gets restarted.

Our metrics config is:

metrics.reporters: prom
metrics.reporter.prom.class: org.apache.flink.metrics.prometheus.PrometheusReporter
metrics.reporter.prom.port: 7000-7001

metrics.scope.jm: flink.<host>.jobmanager
metrics.scope.tm: flink.<host>.taskmanager.<tm_id>
metrics.scope.jm.job: flink.<host>.jobmanager.<job_name>
metrics.scope.tm.job: flink.<host>.taskmanager.<tm_id>.<job_name>
metrics.scope.task: flink.<host>.taskmanager.<tm_id>.<job_name>.<task_name>.<subtask_index>
metrics.scope.operator: flink.<host>.taskmanager.<tm_id>.<job_name>.<operator_name>.<subtask_index>

Since we run many batch jobs, this makes prometheus monitoring unusable for us. Is this a known issue?

Best,

Helmut

Re: Operator metrics do not get unregistered after job finishes

Posted by Helmut Zechmann <he...@adeven.com>.
Hi Vino,

The log shows no problems. The problem can be reproduced easily. I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10300 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10300>.

Best,