Posted to volunteer@openoffice.apache.org by Edward Struber <st...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/26 17:44:38 UTC

volunteer

I am 75 years young, retired with many happy hours coding in C++.
American English is my native language.   My mother used her Masters degree
to teach  English at Reagan High School in Austin, Texas.  My father was an
Electrical Engineer who made his career in the U.S. Air Force.  Were you
willing to permit me to proofread and edit articles, I could reasonably be
expected to clarify instructions and grammar in the articles and C++
program notes submitted by persons who are not native English speakers.
Please send me a submission that is not clear in its instructions, and let
me send you back my edited version to see if my changes are an enhancement
to the original.  If it looks to you that my changes help, then send me
some more work to proofread and improve.
I did omit the "84" from my gmail address once, so I know to slow down and
sleep on my work before re-reading any of my corrections before submitting
my edits to Apache Open Office.  I also expect that other volunteers will
be checking what ever I may submit.
Thank you for your consideration,
Edward M. Strieber, Jr.
BS 1981 University of Texas at Austin