Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ari Miller <ar...@virtualtourist.com> on 2007/09/10 21:35:34 UTC

"6-10x performance gain in general rendering of pages" associated with 4.1.2?

http://tapestry.apache.org/news.html#Tapestry%205.0.5 mentions "a 6-10x
performance gain in general rendering of pages" associated with Tapestry
4.1.2, and refers to the release notes for additional details.
I can't find those details in the release notes.  The closest related item
based on title was an upgrade to hivemind 1.1.1 associated with Tapestry
4.1.1. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-809).

We are trying to figure out whether to upgrade from Tapestry 4.0.2, and I
was hoping to find additional details on the nature of the performance
improvements.

Re: "6-10x performance gain in general rendering of pages" associated with 4.1.2?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
http://blog.opencomponentry.com/2007/05/30/upcoming-tapestry-412-release-is-going-to-be-a-little-bit-faster/

Although,  if you are going to go through any kind of substantial
effort to upgrade you may also want to take a look at Tapestry 5 as
it's already super fast by default.

On 9/10/07, Ari Miller <ar...@virtualtourist.com> wrote:

> http://tapestry.apache.org/news.html#Tapestry%205.0.5 mentions "a 6-10x
> performance gain in general rendering of pages" associated with Tapestry
> 4.1.2, and refers to the release notes for additional details.
> I can't find those details in the release notes.  The closest related item
> based on title was an upgrade to hivemind 1.1.1 associated with Tapestry
> 4.1.1. (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-809).
>
> We are trying to figure out whether to upgrade from Tapestry 4.0.2, and I
> was hoping to find additional details on the nature of the performance
> improvements.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer