Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by William Slacum <ws...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/31 02:10:21 UTC

Re: How to control Minor Compaction by programming

See
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/admin/TableOperations.html#flush%28java.lang.String,%20org.apache.hadoop.io.Text,%20org.apache.hadoop.io.Text,%20boolean%29
for minor compacting (aka "flushing") a table via the API.

Posted by Hai Pham <ht...@tigermail.auburn.edu>.
Hi,

Yes, in fact I really want to avoid the minor compaction as much as possible, because during a long Ingest, any minor compaction largely blocks the speed of ingest.

But since the memory is limited, compaction is unavoidable, thus my desire is to control it as much as possible to harmonize the code accordingly.

Thanks,

Hai

It sounds like you want to try and not minor compact during your ingest of your data. Is that correct?

Posted by dl...@comcast.net.

Posted by Hai Pham <ht...@tigermail.auburn.edu>.
Hi William,

It's probably what I have looked for, thus I will try soon. Thank you!

Hai

Posted by William Slacum <ws...@gmail.com>.