Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sale Rahul <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/20 14:52:39 UTC

How to add the class to the tomcat , so that it runs on its own

Dear All Gurus,
We need to make one utility class which needs to run
on its own in the tomcat.We donot want to make it as
servlet or so.
Is there any way with which we can do that ?

Please let me know .......

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

Re: How to add the class to the tomcat , so that it runs on its own

Posted by Sale Rahul <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Philipp,
Trying to answer your questions :
#1.What  purpose is this class you speak of?
-- Purpose is to clean send emails with some interval
of time.
#2.What external ressources does the class  need?
-- This class need mail.session.
#3.What pieces of application state information  does
it need access to?
-- This application need to access the database.

Hope this clarify your queries.

With Warm Regs
Rahul
--- Philipp Taprogge <ph...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sale Rahul wrote:
> > Dear All Gurus,
> > We need to make one utility class which needs to
> run
> > on its own in the tomcat.We donot want to make it
> as
> > servlet or so.
> > Is there any way with which we can do that ?
>
> might...
> But it is very hard to advise you with so little
> information. What  purpose is this class you speak
of? How is it
> supporsed to be used by
> other parts if the application? What external
> ressources does the class  need? What pieces of
application state information  does it need access to?

Posted by Philipp Taprogge <ph...@gmx.net>.
Hi!